Monthly Archives: February 2013
Installing a WordPress Theme and to change the look of your blog only takes a couple of minutes. I do want to caution you though that some “free” WP Themes come with hidden links in them and these are links you don’t want to be associated with. So, I always recommend getting a theme from a site that you trust. I have free WordPress Themes or I can also recommend The Cutest Blog on The Block as I know they are on the up and up and have some really cute themes to choose from.
- Login to your WP blog dashboard.
- On the left hand side menu click “Appearance” this will bring up Themes
- Click Install Themes on the top tab of that page.
- Then choose upload
- Browse to find your theme on your computer it should be a .zip file
- Click install
- After your theme is installed you can preview it to see what it would look like (up to you)
- Click activate! Visit your site and see your new look.
*If you are going from a 2 column theme to a 3 column theme or vise versa, it could mess up the widgets. Don’t worry though as this is a super easy fix. Go to your dashboard and under appearance you’ll see widgets. Just drag and drop them into the place you’d like them.
For more information on setting up your WordPress blog visit my WordPress Set Up Checklist